This is my second time baking the Banana-Caramel Cake.
I followed exactly the recipe from Piggy's Cooking Journal for the first time. The taste of the banana cake has changed after adding caramel sauce and beating some cream cheese into the cake.
My friends who tried the cake told me that it is better to make it a “ Banana Cake ” , otherwise, the cake would lose its originality as a banana cake.
So, this gave me an idea of making a banana cake but with more cream cheese cube to be added in the cake, then caramel sauce as topping to the cake. Hence, I have changed the name of the cake to " Caramel Cheese Cube Banana Cake" Voila ！
The caramel sauce has the "burnt effect" and seemed a bit bitter . 2 Tablespoons of condense milk was added to the caramel sauce. They were perfectly matched and the bitterness has gone.
Caramel Cheese Cube Banana Cake : ( using 3 eggs , 8"x 8" square pan )
1) To prepare caramel sauce:
1. 50 g castor sugar - cook in a sauce pan.
2. + 1 tbsp water + 2 tbsp liquid whipping cream after the caramel is done.
3. + 2 tbsp condense milk when the caramel completely gets cool.
3 large eggs ( about 70 g each )
70 g castor sugar ( * I take less sugar) or you can increase sugar to 100 g or more for a sweeter banana cake )
150 g butter
170 g flour + 1 tsp baking powder + 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda - sieve together
120 g banana , mash it with a fork
100 g cream cheese , cut into cubes : about 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 inch
2.) To prepare egg white foam:
1. Beat 3 egg whites + 1/8 tsp cream of tartar. Beat 5 mins , speed 3 until a stiff peak is formed)
1. Beat butter + sugar until fluffy + 3 egg yolk , one at a time. Speed 3, mix well.
2. Sieve in flour (+ 1 tsp baking powder + 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda) . Mix well with a spoon.
3. + 1 tbsp water + 1 drop of banana essence. （ mix well before adding into the flour mixture)
4. + banana + cream cheese cubes
5. + egg white foam. Mix lightly and thoroughly.( with a spoon).Pour the mixture into a greased-paper pan.
6. Arrange slices of banana on the cake before baking.
7. Preheated Oven: temperature - 180 C
Baking time : 45 to 50 mins.
Sonia - The Nasi Lemak Lover also made this banana cake on the same day. You may take a look of how she presented her banana cake.