Try hard to get softer bread whenever I know how to make bread.
Since using “tangzhong ” in bread will make the bread softer, I tried it and believed in it.
I also mixed the bread with red flame raisin and cinnamon powder instead of eating white bread.
One need to cook the tangzhong 1 or 2 days ahead.
Original recipe is from Carol, Taiwanese.
I used less tangzhong because it was some leftover of tangzhong after I made a tangzhong wholemeal bread.
The tangzhong I made : ( Mix all ingredients and cook under low heat until you get a very thick mixture)
50 g of bread flour
150 ml water
100 ml milk
Tangzhong Cinnamon Red Flame Raisin Bread: (Kneading in Tesco Breadmaker )
60 g tangzhong
50 ml milk
50 g ( 2 tbsp) sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 large egg( about 60 g-65 g)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp yeast
250 g bread flour( high protein flour)
30 g butter
40g-50 g red flame raisins ( I chopped the raisin slightly )
1. Put all Ingredients A first in the bread pan.
2. + cinnamon powder + bread flour on top .
3. Mixing all ingredients by pressing No. 8 ( dough).
4. + yeast after 10 mins later. ( or you can put the yeast on top of bread flour in step No. 2)
The machine stops after 20 mins of mixing. Press " stop".
5. Press No. 1 + butter and let the machine run until the beep sound is hearing ,+ red flame raisins.
Press "stop" when the breadmaker finishes the kneading stage. Switch off the electricity and let the dough rising in the breadmaker for 1 hour or 75 mins ( depends on the temperature of the day).
6. Punch down the dough. Take the dough out of the machine and shape it into a ball and let it rest for 15 mins.
7. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
8. Shape the dough and seal the seam of the dough. Let the dough have the second proofing for 45 mins.
9. Preheat oven : 230 C for 10 mins.
10 . Oven temperate( upper and lower heat - lowest rack ) :
200 C ( for the first 10 mins);
190 C ( 20 - 25 mins)