These two-seed crackers are adapted from " Essential Baking"( Murdock Books ).
Those two seeds are poppy seeds and sesame seeds.
Since I rolled the crackers too thick (They actually only needs to 2mm (1/6 inch )and I forgot to prick the crackers before baking. So , they didn't look like crackers at all and a bit hard after baking for 40 mins.( The thickness that I made caused these crackers took longer time to bake)
The crackers taste good but a bit hard after baking. I will try to make it again and roll out to 2mm and prick them with fork in order to get better result.
Two- seed Crackers ( No sugar ):
250 g all purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
60 g cold butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
125ml chilled water
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line baking trays with greased baking paper.
2. Sift flour + baking powder + salt in a bowl.
3. Add two seeds + pepper.
4. Rub the cold butter into the flour ( using fingertips) - I used pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Make a well in the centre + chilled water. Let the mixture comes together in soft bread. Gather together into a rough ball. * Do not knead it at any stage.
6. Put the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper. Roll out to 2mm ( 1/6 inch).
7. Using a 6 mm ( 2 1/2 inch) round cutter . Prick all over with a fork and transfer to the baking tray.
8.Baking time : 20-25 mins . Allow to cool on a wire rack.