1. Dark Rye Bread Egg Sandwich with cheese and cucumber
2. A mug of coffee
Dark Rye Bread: ( Tesco Breadmaker )
200 ml water
3/4 tsp salt ( tsp provided by breadmaker)
2 tbsp brown sugar ( tbsp provided by breadmaker)
50 g dark rye flour
250 g bread flour
3/4 tsp yeast ( tsp provided by breadmaker)
Method : ( Bake in the oven)
1. Press No. 8 for mixing the dough for 20 mins. Press " Stop" to stop the machine.
2. Turn to No. 1 ( basic ) + butter . Press " Start" . ( If you bake the bread in the breadmaker , let it finish the whole cycle, take out the bread 10 mins( the LCD shown 0:10 in the breadmaker before the cycle finish..
I baked the bread in the oven. So,I did the following steps:
3. Press " Stop " after the "Beep Beep" cycle finish and switch off the machine. Let the dough proof in the breadmaker for 1 hour.
4.. Punch down the dough and press out the air. Let dough rest for 15 mins.
5. Roll the dough flat with a roller pin. Shape the dough into a cylinder and put it the loaf pan.
6. Proof the dough for 45 mins in the oven with a cup of hot water.
7. Preheat the oven - 230 C for 10 mins.
9. Bake the bread in 200 C - 15 mins ;then 190 C - 15 mins.
*** The dough is quite wet and you need to have sprinkle some bread flour on the table and some more bread flour to pat on the dough before rolling it flat.
70 g apricot / cranberry / raisin can be added if you like it.