Those coconut tarts selling in the bakery shop are too sweet for me .
So , I have decided to make them myself according to the sweetness that suit me well.
These bloggers made beautiful coconut tarts :
1. My Kitchen Snippets (English )
2. Citarasawan ( Malay )
3. Eupho Cafe 爱在厨房（ Chinese ）
4. The Best Food - vegetarian 甜嫩的椰子塔 （ Chinese ）
5. Eileen 之记事本 ( Chinese)
6. 小小米桶 - 香酥椰子塔 ( Chinese )
7. Food Cooking and Capturing - Vietnamese Coconut Tarts ( English )
My version of coconut tarts were referred to My Kitchen Snippets 's pastry and filling quantity . But I changed the making method to creaming method for the filling and modify some of the quantity of ingredients as well.
Coconut Tarts: ( I used patty pan baking tray instead of single tart moulds, makes about 16 psc )
Ingredient of pastry :
300 g flour
160 g butter
70 ml iced cold water
20 g castor sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
To make the pastry:
1. Cut cold butter + flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. + sugar + salt + iced cold water.
3. Make them a dough and refrigerate for 20 mins .
4. Press dough into the tart mould with equal part of dough and fill with coconut tart filling.
5. Bake in the oven.
Ingredients of Filling :
200 g grated coconut ( need only the white one).
70 g butter
80 g castor sugar
2 eggs ( 70 g each )
70 g flour
10 ml water
1. Beat butter + castor sugar until creamy and fluffy ( electric mixer)
2. + eggs, mixed well ( electric mixer)
3. + flour stir well (with spatula).
4. + grated coconut ( with spatula ).
5. + water.
Baking time : 30 mins ( upper and lower heat , middle rack ).
Extra 10 mins if neccessary ( only lower heat to make the base of the coconut tart crispy).