I have some mixed nuts and lemons with me .
So, I decided to make 2 loaves of Lemon Mixed Nut Cake, for the first time.
These cakes were full of lemons aroma and yet the crunchiness of nuts.
( Low Sugar ) Lemon Mixed Nut Cakes :
300 g butter / margarine.
120 g castor sugar ( because those golden raisins are quite sweet , so less sugar was added )
300 g all purpose flour ( + 2 tsp baking powder , sieve )
100 g golden raisin ( cut into smaller piece )
100 g chopped mixed nuts ( roasted or fried with non-stick pan) + 1/4 tsp salt
6 eggs ( about 60 g each)
30ml lemon juice ( 2 tbsp )
2 tbsp lemon zest
1. Beat butter + castor sugar until fluffy and pale ( with electric mixer ,speed 3 for 10 mins)
2. + egg one at a time with electric mixer.
3. Sieve in flour and baking powder ( mixed with spoon).
4. + lemon juice + lemon zest.
5. + golden raisin and mixed nuts.
Oven temperature : 180 C ( Lower heat for 20 mins) then turn to lower and upper heat for another 10 mins.
....................The next morning..............
My Breakfast Menu:
2 pieces of Lemon Mixed Nut Cakes
A mug of black coffee without sugar.