It is the first time for me to make cupcakes.
But this is the second attempt to bake them without cracking on top.
( The cupcake cracked like a muffin for my first baking )
These cupcakes were very soft but I was just too lazy to give them some buttercream topping or any frosting.
I think a cupcake will look like a cupcake if it comes with frosting.
The recipe was origin from Glorious Treats and the one that I first came across was from Natasha's Kitchen , the Perfect Vanilla Cupcake Recipe.
Grated orange zest was cut tiny later.
Perfect Orange Cupcakes ( low sugar , make 10 )
（ paper cup size : diametre on top 7cm , base 4.5 cm and height 3.7 cm)
160 g self-raising flour ( I omitted baking powder and bicarbonate of soda) + 1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs ( about 70g each)
1 tbsp orange zest ( from 1 orange, grated and cut tiny) ( I will put 1 more tbsp in future as I found that it will taste even better)
50 g sugar ( you can increase it to 100 g if you like it sweeter)
100 ml corn oil
70 ml whipping cream + 30 ml orange juice (Let stand for 5 mins , to substitute buttermilk)
1. Beat eggs with high speed for 30 seconds and set aside.
2. + sugar , beat 30 seconds.
3. + corn oil, mixed well in low speed + whipping cream and orange mixture + orange zest.
4. + flour, mixed with a stainless steel balloon whisk to beat up all flour lumps.
5. Pour batter into a lined muffin pan.
6. Bake in a preheated oven : 170 C. ( I usually bake cake at 180 C with my oven. Lower temperature is used to avoid cracking.)
Baking time : 35 mins ( or until golden in colour)