I have got some grated parmesan cheese and wished to make some parmesan cheese cookies.
The ratio of flour and butter I use is 2 X ( flour ): 1 X ( cold butter ).
This is the first time I made it and those cookies turns out well.
The cookies was full of cheese aroma after baking.
Parmesan Cheese Cookies: ( To make about 35 to 40 cookies)
200 g flour
100 g butter
60 g icing sugar
20 g ( 1 tbsp) milk powder
50 g grated parmesan cheese
1 egg ( separated , 30ml beaten egg white , and egg yolk + 20 ml water for egg wash)
30 ml cold water
1. Using a pastry cutter cut in the butter and flour until it resemble bread crumb.
2. Add in icing sugar , milk powder and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
3. Pour in cold water and beaten egg white . Make the mixture into a dough.
4. Flatten the dough as thick as 1 cm and cut it with cookie mold.
5. Brush all cookies with egg wash before baking.
5. Oven temperature : 220 C.
6. Baking time : 45 mins or until golden in colour.