The inspiration of making this bread was adapted from Taste of Home. I substitute bran cereal with wheat germ since I didn't have bran cereal.
Some changes were made from the original recipe.
Also , this is my first time using this savarin cake tin so I couldn't figure out how long does it take to get the cake "burn".
Apricot Banana Bread:
100 g butter
80 g castor sugar
2 eggs ( about 70 g each)
100 g mashed banana (suggested using pisang emas (wiki )
50 ml buttermilk ( I substituted it with milk + few drops of lemon)
120 g flour + 1 tsp baking powder + 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda30 g wheat germ
100 g chopped dry apricot (soak in hot water if it is too hard to cut)
50 chopped walnuts ( baked for 10 minutes before chopping)
1. Cream butter and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
2. + egg + mashed banana + buttermilk + salt. Stir the mixture with spoon.
3. + flour + wheat germ + apricot and walnuts.
4. Pour into a greased 9" savarin cake tin.
5. Temperature : 180 C
6. Baking time : 45 mins. ( I baked 30 mins over lower heat and 15 mins upper heat）
（* But the bread seemed not "burnt"enough after baking for half an hour's time over lower heat. )
Verdict : The banana bread was moist enough with a mild flavor of apricot and yet you still could feel the crunchiness of walnuts.