Sunday 13 May 2012

Low Sugar Pandan Chiffon Cake



How to make a success Pandan Chiffon Cake ? 
I have been asking myself a lot of  questions before making this chiffon cakes.

1. Shall I beat the egg yolks or the egg white first in the chiffon making procedure ?
2. How long should I beat the egg yolks and egg white (separately) ? Later , I found that beating the egg yolks first is easier for me . I am using Philip Mixer , Speed 3.
3. How long should I beat the egg white before add in sugar ?
4. How many pandan leaves shall I cut  ? ( I cut 10 pieces ) . How much water to be added in order to make a concentrate pandan juice  ? ( 150ml water ) I need only 70 ml  concentrate pandan leaves after it subside for the next day .)
5. What is the right temperature for this pandan  chiffon cake ? I tried before 160 C , 170 C ,they all failed and sank ! I need to use 190 C for my "Elba" brand oven.




Low Sugar Pandan Chiffon Cake ( 22 cm pandan chiffon cake mould)
(Recipe source : adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover , Sonia , but I increased 1 egg and I cut the sugar content to half of amount. Her total sugar used is 90g )

Ingredients :
Egg yolk mixture :
(A) 6 egg yolks ( from a 30 g egg) + 15 g sugar ( speed 3 beat 5 mins until creamy)
(B) 70 ml concentrate pandan juice ( from : 10 piece of pandan leaves + 150 ml water)
and ,  40ml or 50 ml corn oil
(C ) 100 g all purpose flour + 1 tsp baking powder .


(D) Egg white mixture :
6 egg white
30 g castor sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
20 g corn flour (about 1 tbsp ) -  Only add this after the beating of egg white until stiff )

Temperature : 190 C
Time : 1 hour

Method and procedure:
1. Beat egg yolks mixture ( A ), mixer speed 3 until creamy. Leave aside.

2.  Prepare egg white mixture ( D) :
Beat only egg white for 2 mins ( speed 3) , + cream of tartar + sugar  until stiff , beat 3 mins + corn flour ,mix well 1 min.
3. Switch on the oven. Temperature :190 C
4.  Egg yolk mixture ( 1 of A ) + pandan juice + corn oil , mix well with a metal spoon.
5. Sieve (C :100 g flour + 1 tsp baking powder ) into ( 4 ) ,of  the egg yolk mixture above.
6. Egg white mixture( 2)  + egg yolk mixture ( 5) - mix both mixture lightly and evenly.
7. Pour into the chiffon cake mould.
8. Bake with lower grill  at 190 C , 50 mins until the cake rises . Then, with lower and upper grill bake for 10 or 15 mins, until golden in colour.
9. Upside down the mould after taking out the chiffon cake from the oven. Let cool for 1 hour before unmould the chiffon cake.



中文版  :低糖班兰雪纺蛋糕

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...